Environmental Health Division
Terri Collett, RS
Environmental Health Director
Environmental Health is a branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environment that may affect human health. This is achieved by inspections and through educational discussions with licensed operators of programs within our jurisdiction. On compliant investigations, homeowners/occupants are given reasons behind our orders to abate the problems that have been brought to our attention.
Persons in need of information related to any of the services covered by the Environmental Health Division are asked to contact the Environmental Health Director. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am-10:00am and 3:30pm-4:30pm. During non-office hours the Director is conducting inspections and responding to complaints.
Local Licensing and Permits:
- Walnut Beach Public Bathing Place
- Tobacco Vendors
- Rabies, Animals, Mosquitoes and Insects
- Investigation of all reported animal bites
- Tick identification and referral services for testing
- Mosquito educational materials available to reduce breeding areas.
- Enforces applicable sections of the City’s Codified Ordinances
- Nuisance Complaints
- Investigation of insect and rodent infestations, garbage & solid waste issues, etc.
- Lead Poisoning
- Residental environmental assessment, investigation and education
- This program is in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Health
- Food-borne illness investigaions
Ohio Department of Health/Ohio Department of Agriculture
State-Mandated Inspection Programs with Local Licensing, Permits and Inspection:
- Food Service (restaurants) Operations
- Retail Food Establishments (stores)
- Vending Machines
- Fairs & Festivals
- Mobile Food Operators
- Temporary Food Operators
- Plan approval for new Food Service Operations & Retail Food Establishments
- School Safety and Sanitation
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Manufactured Home Parks
- Tattoo and Body Piercing Establishments
- Ohio Smoke-Free Workplace Program